Final Pumpkin Picture

My goal with this picture of pumpkins was to make them look real. I accomplished this goal by using shadows and shading to my advantage. My picture is about how light, depending on how it is shone, bounces off of objects and makes dramatic shadows. The most difficult thing I learned was how to make my brain draw what I saw, instead of trying to make it look right to me in my head. I met this challenge by focusing on what I saw rather than what I wanted to see and what made more sense in my brain. This process really helps you out in the end because it looks more realistic. My painting really works with the shadows. They really complete the look I was going for and give it a more 3D look. Something I learned from this piece that I can use on my next painting is how to add texture through shading. N. C. Wyeth really inspired me with my work because he (like me) enjoyed drawing pieces that use shadows in realistic scenes. Ellie also really helped me with my work because she shared good shading techniques with me. If I had a do-over, I would go shade certain areas where the pressure of my pencil may have been to dark. My favorite thing about my work was feeling very satisfied when my work looked just as it was a real life picture that had been taken.

Comments

Popular Posts