DON'T TOUCH THE EDGES

This project was based on how we use our mental map to separate the colors we see when painting a picture. My goal with this project was to create a more realistic traditional picture of a pool ball on the traditional color of a pool table. What became surprising to me was how hard using oil paint was. The consistency of it is so thick its hard to create the perfect edges. The most difficult challenge I faced was creating the colors I needed with only limited color options. To meet this challenge I had to experiment by mixing colors I would never had before, to get the colors I needed. My oil painting really works with the color combos I used. The forest green and dark pinks really compliment each other. From this project, I learned the basics of a beginner using oil paintings. Over all, I really love how my first oil painting turned out. It's the perfect kind of classy yet fast paced piece of work that I could have asked for for my first painting to turn out like.

Comments

Popular Posts